Sunday, July 13, 2014

Auntie’s help Chapter 1: Family Matters

The "little" Hilton's house

Auntie's Help

Ch1 - Family Matters



For the Hiltons, last years haven't been so easy, not since Mr. Hilton has divorced from his wife, leaving not only his house but also his 17 years old son, Stephen. No economic issue, at least: to Margaret (Stephen's mother) and his son remained that incredibly huge house in east LA and however Margaret has always been an hard worker; co-founder of one of the biggest advertising agency of the city, Ms.  Hilton, wanted barely accept the maintenance allowances by his ex-husband. Certainly we cannot say that Margaret Hilton wasn't a good mother, or that she wasn't able to take care of her son nevertheless, in the last times, things with Stephen started to be tricky. Her work and the divorce has pushed her into more issues than she expected. Her days were more and more busy now. "I'm starting to miss him" she happened to think looking at his only son, while holding his skateboard, Stephen left the house without say even one word to her. "It is my fault?...what did I wrong with him, he really hates me so much?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

Stephen Hilton
Stephen Hilton was a quite normal boy as many others, he had blond straight hair long enough to seem the skater/punk rebellious type. Although he has always been shorter and skinnier compared to other guys of his age, and this has been a kind of problem for him, especially at school. We could say that the blossoming of manliness has been a little in late, for him. But in that moment Stephen hadn't the will and time to think about that, the only Stephen's desire was to find enough money to go away, away from his mother, away from that stupid house and from that boring life. Where? It wasn't important , the point was to leave that rich and hypocritical life, search his own way, meet new people, do what he want. For all of these kind of "teenagers" issues, unfortunately, Stephen chose the wrong way. Meeting new people from the "underground" LA, he started to be what we could call a little "drug dealer. Sure it was only weed, and in very low quantity and only for people he knew. But this situation led Stephen to a weird serial of coincidences which will led him to future events that he would never has thought.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Everything has started that Friday.

"That's enough, Steph, get up off your bed NOW!" these was the first words that Stephen, still with his eyes closed, has heard that morning.

"Oh come on mom, let me sleep...what's going on?"

"And you've the brave to ask me, you..you, Me and your father have given you all...all you have desired! And for what? to be always tricked behind our back?"

"Shit...mom calm down, I've no idea about what are you talking about!!"

That Rick...or Nick or whatever, that stupid friend of yours, the police has catched him for possession and selling of drug!! Margaret have had to stop for a brief moment, she was out of her mind. At the same time Stephen's thoughts started to swirl in his mind: what, Rick, could have told about him? Surely the police have interrogated him, but...

"Police says that you could be involved, they're analyzing the evidences right now. Steph...look at me, is that true?"

With a trilling tone in his voice, Stephen replied
"Mom, I'm...it was only a little bit of weed, I mean...nothing serious at all! It's just that...

"My God, Stephen..."

"Jesus, mom... don't look at me like this, I've told you....only several smoking evenings with my friends. Do I look like a drug dealer?

"I do not know what to say, Steph, we...we are a family, you've never had money trouble! Holy God, why do you have done something like this to me? - Margaret was close to the tears.

Even though all of his feelings about his mother and his family, the young Stephen just couldn't see his mother in that state. He just had not any single word to justify himself. He continued to stay silent, looking at the carpet below his feet.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"I just don't know what to do now, Kat! I've finished the ideas...am I such a bad mother?" Margaret was talking with her sister Kaitlin Fuller Smith. Kaitlin was a successful psychologist resident in the New York area. Unlike many sisters, Margaret and Kaitlin have always been close. In the last years the Margaret's calls have been more steady, creating a kind of therapist-patient relationship where Marg could vent herself, and Kat could keep in touch with her family.

"You're not, Marg, believe me teenagers are the worst thing to being a parent, I've already passed on trouble like this...remember, with my Chloe?"

"Ohh..but it was completely different, Chloe has always been such a delicious girl!"

"Just don't let me talk about her first loves...or that terrible last year at high school, and that damn prom dance!"

"You know, sometimes I think that I would prefer to have those problems. But this...this is on another planet...Holy Jesus, drug dealing!!"

"Maybe I should talk to him"

"And the worst part is that I actually don't know how to do with my work. There's this new advertising campaign that is going to start next week, I'm the director, you know... But I'll have to quit, to keep an eye on Stephen especially during this shitty situation about the drugs..."

"Oh...and yes, as if that wasn't enough, if the police investigations will go ahead, surely, the school is going to expel Stephen"

"I have an idea! why don't you let Stephen come to me, to stay for some time? The house is so big since Chloe went to college, I mean..in my job I've already had to do with other difficult teen, maybe I can help him."

"Yeah..maybe you could help him. But Kat, you know...his friends and all of his things are here, and in addition he has to finish the school..."

"Marg, listen to me, the friends that he has are the same that probably are leaded him where he is now. And then, he's young, after all, I'm sure he'll find new friends also here. And for the school, remains few semesters, and don't have you talked about a prospective expulsion? We can enroll him on a good school here, and a change of air can help him, I'm sure"

"Well..should be only some months, and maybe stay far from LA could be good, after all...You really would do so, Kat?"

"Sure! I would be happy to spend some time with my nephew. Perhaps he could be little worried about my severe rules. But when He'll return you'll barely recognize him!"

"Oh my god...you've saved my family, I think you're the best sister indeed!"

"mhh, well, I'm definetely agree, darling! ahahah"

"ahahaha"

_________________________________________________________________________________
End of chapter one

created and written
by
SteffyC


7 comments:

  1. Love where this is going! One little piece of constructive criticism, however, the colour of Kaitlin's speech is a little difficult to read on your background. Perhaps consider something in a darker font?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Crow, I've not checked enough the preview. I've just updated her speeches in something more purplish and darker, It seems better now, I guess.
      Thank you for your time and useful crit, hope you'll enjoy the next issues of the the story.
      Kiss,
      Steffy

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Steff:
    It was a pleasure to return home this weekend and to see new additions to your blog. The first chapter is very good. Not too many characters and they are well developed. Your usual talented fare. I look forward to more. Perhaps the male lead will run away and do something truly stupid when he finds out where he is going. I am sure you have another chapter in the can. Looking forward to wherever your furtile mind leads us.
    Stay Safe Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thank you, my Lee, kind and sweet as always! I was afraid that this story, unlike "classical" tg caps, could be too boring for you, I mean...without the prevalent image factor typical of caption panels. Hope you enjoy also this new experiment!
      Kiss, Steffy

      Delete
    2. Hi again CandySteff
      I realize that any story must unfold. Setting, characters and other details too complex for me. Thake your time and spin your tale however you wish. It seems a good start and I await your exploits. Is this what happened you ? I should think that when your additions pop in you are in Europe? I hope your team won.
      Stay sweet n safe Lee

      Delete
    3. Yeah...I guess this story as well as future others may kinda reflect some of my own experiences, or at least apart of those. And yes, I live in Europe, but I'm actually planning to move to US, probably this year. See ya soon,
      Kiss, Steffy

      Delete
  3. I'm loving this story more than any of your other recent ones. Can't wait for the next chapter. Great job... Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete